I share with you the corrections to the Revision for the Quiz (Thursday’s homework)
Complete the questions with the correct form of make or do. Then match questions 1-7 to answers a-g
- When did you last make a big mistake? (G)
- When do you usually do your homework? (E)
- Who are you making a phone call to at the moment? (D)
- What sports do you do? (C)
- What’s the best way to make new friends? (A)
- Is your sister making a long journey? (F)
- Who does the most housework in your home? (B)
Complete the sentences. Use the present continuous form of the verbs in brackets.
- It is snowing at the moment.
- I am not doing anything right now.
- Gina and Paul are trying to make a meal over a fire.
- Are you writing your essay?
- They aren’t opening the new school this month.
- What time are we leaving on Friday?
Complete the sentences. Use the present continuous form of the verbs below.
- It’s nearly seven o’clock. Are you getting ready.
- Leo is making a mess with those paints.
- I’m nearly ready. I am brushing my teeth.
- We aren’t organizing the party. Kim is doing it.
- She isn’t very good at cooking, but she is doing her best.
- Chris and Phil are playing tennis this afternoon.
Complete the sentences. Use the present simple or present continuous form of the verbs in brackets.
- Can you help me? I am looking for a good hostel.
- The children’s English isn’t very good, but it is getting better.
- My friend and I chat online about twice a week.
- Are Sally and Naomi coming to watch the match later?
- I don’t have the same thing for breakfast every day.
- This project is hard work. You need to be very fit and healthy.
- We are meeting Samuel at eight o’clock tonight.
- Do you prefer hot or cold weather?
Choose the correct word.
- Carol goes to school by train.
- My father often flies to Italy for his work.
- Helen washes her hair every day.
- Our friends don’t live very far away from here.
- Does Paul have a big family?
- My sister doesn’t finish school at 4 p.m.
Put the words in order to make sentences.
- I don’t usually have breakfast.
- Does your brother buy a new car every year.
- We never go to bed before eleven o’clock.
- Paula is often late for class.
- We sometimes have our lunch at home.
- Simon’s parents always watch T.V in the afternoon.
- Do you often go to the cinema?
Complete the sentences with a/an or the.
- We had a great meal in an Indian restaurant called Mumtaz.
- Let’s eat in the restaurant across the road tonight.
- The bank that my father works in is opposite my school.
- Gina works in a bank. I don’t know which one.
- I talked to an interesting woman at the bus stop this morning.
- The woman who lives next door used to be an actress.
Add the once or twice to each sentence.
- It rains a lot in the UK.
- When was the last time you saw Aunt Carla?
- It’s been very wet recently. The rain is damaging the flowers in our garden.
- We’re spending some time in France. We’re staying in an apartment near the river Seine.
- We got to the airport very early, and had to wait a long time for the flight.
- You can0t eat in here. Look at the signals on the walls.
- The dog looked very thirsty, so we went to look for water.
- Don’t ever look directly at the sun.